Primary Care Network Opportunities in Kootenay Boundary
Seeking qualified Family Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and Allied Health Professionals for Primary Care Networks in Kootenay Boundary, British Columbia, Canada.
Physicians love living in Kootenay Boundary and working in our Primary Care Network. We invite you to bring your clinical expertise and passion for providing quality, compassionate care to the Kootenay Boundary Primary Care Network (PCN).
Kootenay Boundary’s PCN uses a team-based care approach to provide wider and quicker access to services for patients, with an extensive support network and sense of community, and the flexibility to ensure quality patient care. Our PCN includes family practitioners, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, social workers, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, respiratory therapists, dietitians, aboriginal health coordinators and pharmacists.
“The advantage of being co-located is the ease of contact/connection between drs and allied health staff; hallway consults, 15 minute problem-solving conversations, quick updates and so on, are all made easier due to proximity. Team-based care, in my view, means that the range of clinical expertise is clinic-based and accessible to the patient. We’re their team.”
KB PCN Registered Nurse
The Kootenay Boundary is situated in the Interior of British Columbia and includes the communities of Castlegar, Christina Lake, Fruitvale, Grand Forks, Greenwood, Kaslo, Midway, Nakusp, Nelson, New Denver, Rock Creek, Rossland, Salmo, and Trail, BC.
“I’ve practiced in many places throughout Canada and I have to say that practicing medicine in the Kootenays is the perfect fit. My family has found the balanced lifestyle we always wanted and I’ve found a supportive and knowledgeable medical community to work with and a full service practice.”
KB PCN Physician
Vibrant (Team-Based) Medicine
“As a senior living in Kootenay Boundary, having the care team who knows me best all under one roof and sharing the information I provide for them makes things much easier. Instead of confronting a bewildering array of resources on my own to get help, I have one familiar and trusted source, with a team working together to give me the best possible care. It is exactly what I need.”
KB PCN Patient
Want to join in?
This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of a wonderful initiative to help make health care in the Kootenay Boundary more patient-centered, and to influence a local team-based approach to care, supported by wonderful colleagues, living in one of the best places on earth :).
Learn more about our communities and get in touch with us for a personal tour – Visit www.kbdoctors.ca.
Health Match BC is a free recruitment service for healthcare professionals funded by the Government of British Columbia, Canada. We have been working with the provincial Health Authorities for over twenty years and have facilitated the recruitment of thousands of health professionals to British Columbia.
Register online and our recruitment consultants will:
- Guide and support you through the professional credentialing/licensing process.
- Provide you with information about BC, our communities and the health care facilities themselves.
- Work with you to determine where you want to focus your search efforts. You can be as specific as naming a particular facility or as broad as targeting multiple regions in the Province and we will match your skills and interests to job vacancies in regions or facilities of your choice.
- Connect you with prospective employers, sometimes before positions are even posted and when the time comes, we are here to support you in making a seamless transition to your new job.
- Provide you with information and guidance on the immigration process if you need it and connect you to the personal and professional support you will need from the initial stages of expressing interest through your first days on the job.